Halcyon Beginnings

I write, and now it's time to do something with what I've written.

Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Only 1200 characters to write an introduction to myself? How will I ever manage? Hi, I'm David, I like stuff. Well...that was easy.

Monday, July 21, 2014

More Procrastination


Again, I procrastinate. 

Again, I find almost any excuse to avoid writing.  I continue to send my work to Agents / publishers as I can be bothered to, but the lack of replies takes its toll. 

I’m sure I will eventually find my way out of this rut.  I have a whole second, and third, book planned out in my head.  I just can't find the time to bring it out. 

Not that I’m doing nothing, of course.  I spend much of my spare time now doing woodwork; carving is inordinately fun. 

But I need to get back into writing again.  I love it when I do it, when I can lose myself for hours just writing.  But it can be hard to jump start the trend. 

Ah well.

As I try to focus myself on continuing to write the sequel to The Fire and the Fog, I still try to do something with it.  This week I will be submitting to a contest, the details of which can be found at


The contest is for middle-grade fiction, which, as far as I can make out, my novel qualifies as.  I hope. 

Once again, as with everything, we shall see. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home