Halcyon Beginnings

I write, and now it's time to do something with what I've written.

Name:
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Only 1200 characters to write an introduction to myself? How will I ever manage? Hi, I'm David, I like stuff. Well...that was easy.

Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Quotes!

Hello again, internet person!  Do you have a favourite quote?

I assume you do.  Most people have one, or several.  I have a few that I’ll share.

First, ‘My pants are off, right now’, a quote from a Blink-182 song.  This is one of my favourite quotes because, really now, who actually likes pants?  They’re all constricting, and they get dirty, and you have to clean them, and honestly now, who has time for all that?

More seriously though, I think my favourite quote is ‘Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time’.

Yay for Winston Churchill, right?

Quotes are cool.  They can be short, or long, they can have deep meaning and be witty and intelligent, like the Blink quote, or they can be base and silly, like the Churchill one.

Wait, I think I got that wrong…

No, no I didn’t.

Continuing.

Quotes are interesting, and I read a lot of them recently.  The internet is full of them; Tumblr is awash with inspirational quotes lettered over images of cats grabbing at string, or scaring off dogs, or looking really lazy.  Really, cats and quotes just seem to go together nowadays.

Even if quotes are often misattributed, or unattributed, they still mean a lot.  A quick, cursory google (Do I have to say a google search?  Or can I just say google?  Is the word understood for what it is?) will show about 24,700,000 images of people who have tattooed quotes on themselves.  That is an awful lot of people who have had someone else’s words literally carved into their body (okay okay, literally stabbed repeatedly into their body, semantics).

How does someone come up with something so personal, so meaningful to another person, that they’re willing to tattoo someone else’s words permanently on their body? (that’s a lot of someone’s.  I hope you can follow)

How does someone write, or say, or sing something so influential?  Where does it come from?

And how can I do that someday?

What can I do to someday mean that much to someone else’s life? 

Because that’s what I want to do with my writing. I want to someday write something that means so much to another person, that they inscribe it on their own flesh.  I want to someday write something that literally changes another person’s life, just like my favourite author did to me.

Which I will talk about…NEXT TIME muahahaha evility and perniciousness!

I don’t even know what I’m saying anymore.  

Until next time!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home